Brexit information for universities and students
- Universities UK has some helpful FAQs on the ramifications of the leave vote for the higher education sector on their website.
- Welsh Government have published a statement for EU nationals who are currently in receipt of student loans from Student Finance Wales (SFW), and to EU nationals who intend to begin studying from this autumn.
- Home Office statement on status of EU nationals
IDP Education & Universities Wales: India Market Update
Unis Wales is working with IDP Education to deliver a market briefing on India for Welsh institutions on the 8th August in Cardiff. IDP’s Country Director for India, Piyush Kumar, will be visiting Cardiff and has agreed to lead the session. All colleagues are welcome, but the briefing will mostly be targeted at International Directors and Country or Regional Managers. It will take place between 4-5.30pm at British Council Wales, 1 Kingsway, Cardiff. To register, please contact Gwen Williams email@example.com
HESA Impact Report
The Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) has today (15 July 2016) published an Impact Report on its activities over the previous 12 months. The report can be accessed from the HESA website by following the link here.
The report sets out the ways in which HESA strives to deliver value for the UK higher education sector, and the ways in which HESA data is used to inform policy-making, institutional management, student choice, and public debate. The report is the first of what is intended to be an annual publication, and feedback to HESA here is most welcome.
Confirmation and Clearing considerations update
SPA has updated its Considerations for Confirmation and Clearing, previously circulated in early May, to cover:
• Consumer protection in Clearing – considerations for contract formation
• In England, Ofqual changes to enquires about results, remarks and appeals
• Reminder about cyber security
SPA staff are happy to discuss any specific queries or concerns you may have for 2016 entry. Similarly, if you wish to discuss any of the considerations in greater detail, or provide any feedback on the document, please get in touch.