UnisWales Twitter Policy
The UnisWales Twitter account is managed by the UnisWales communications team on behalf of colleagues across the organisation.
If you follow us, you can expect timely, informative and newsworthy tweets as opposed to a specific number per day. UnisWales tweets will relate to:
- Alerts about new content on our website
- Alerts about UnisWales related news
- Alerts about new publications
- Information about events, campaigns and meetings
- Comments/reports re: government policy
- Invitations to provide feedback on specific issues
The default language for UnisWales Tweets is English. However when the subject matter is related to Welsh medium issues, we will endeavour to ensure the Tweets and all associated responses/communications are posted in Welsh.
If you follow us on Twitter we will not automatically follow you back. If HEW does follow you back, this does not imply endorsement of any kind.
We will update and monitor our Twitter account during office hours, Monday to Friday. Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime.
Replies and Direct Messages
We welcome comment and feedback from all our followers. However, we are not able to reply individually to all the messages we receive via Twitter.
We cannot engage on matters including:
- Issues unrelated to Welsh Higher Education
- Applications to Universities
- Matters which clearly fall within the remit of individual Universities or any other matters of grievance or complaint
If you wish to enter into formal correspondence with us, contact details may be found at www.uniswales.ac.uk