News – UKIERI Call for Bids
The UKIERI team has announced the next call for bids under UKIERI specifically to support research partnerships. The last date to apply is 15th September. The details can be found on the attached flyer and on the UKIERI website.
Event – National Student Survey (NSS) Soft Consultation – Monday, 8 September 2014
HEFCW Offices – 12:00 – 15:00
- To provide background on the NSS.
- To disseminate the aims and findings of the first large scale analysis of the NSS.
- To invite University input on the revision of the NSS.
The seminar will consider:
- The what, when and why of the NSS and the reason for reviewing the data.
- The findings from HEFCE’s analysis of 9 years’ worth of data together with those of the independent report on the purpose and effectiveness of the NSS.
- Plans for the next steps, including a timeline and pilot project.
- Key questions for discussion, and possible participation in the piloting process.
Please register your attendance by the 25th August by emailing Sheridan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Event – Academic Open Day – Wednesday, 15 October 2014 – The National Archives
- To illuminate the research activities undertaken at the Archives.
- To encourage networking and discussion with the wider academic community.
The day will explore:
- The potential for collaboration with academics to unlock the untold narratives residing at the Archives, making them accessible and audible to a wider public.
- The Collaborative Doctoral Partnerships and Doctoral Training Programmes in place at The National Archives
- The plans for collaborative MA Programmes and the development of a Research Fellow scheme
- The potential research networks and collaborations, as well as about how The National Archives could work to develop research across the disciplines.
Attendance is free, however spaces are limited so please register as soon as possible by emailing: email@example.com confirming Attendee Name, Organisation, Email address, Indication of consent to be named on the delegates list and dietary or accessibility requirements. For information on our AHRC Collaborative Doctoral Partnerships http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/jobs/collaborative-doctoral-partnerships.htm
Event – The Benefits of Brussels: Opportunities and Challenges for European HE –
Thursday, 4 November 2014
Woburn House, Tavistock Square WC1H 9HQ
- To focus on the opportunities and challenges that the European Union provides for Higher Education.
The day will provide:
- The opportunity to hear about the latest policy and programme developments.
- Advice and best practice through discussion groups and opportunities to network with peers from France and Germany and the UK.
Various speakers have been confirmed including Professor Colin Riordan and Vivienne Stern. Visit the website to register.
Vacancy at HEW – Office Manager
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Friday 05 September 2014
Interview Date: Wednesday 17 September 2014
Higher Education Wales (HEW) has a vacancy in its busy team for an office manager and PA to the director. The post holder will play an important role in the organisation that represents the interests of universities in Wales, including the Open University in Wales. HEW promotes and supports universities in Wales, representing their collective interests to the National Assembly for Wales, UK Parliament, political parties, European institutions and bodies. Underpinning HEW’s activity is its support for the cultural and social value of higher education and the positive impact that a university education can have on individuals,communities and the economy of Wales. Further details can be found here.