The Global Wales Research Mobility Fund is a new fund set up to facilitate research collaboration between Welsh universities and higher education institutions from all international countries, particularly Europe and the Global Wales priority countries of Vietnam, the United States and India.
This initiative is part of the Global Wales programme, funded by the Welsh Government’s EU Transition fund and has been created to help mitigate international research issues post-Brexit and will help support the delivery of the Welsh Government’s new International Strategy by building upon and enhancing Wales’ growing international reputation.
The aim of this fund is to enable both outward Welsh researcher mobility internationally and inward reciprocating visits to Wales, developing academic relationships in order to facilitate future collaborations such as research proposals and joint publications.
- The fund totals £180,000 and is open for grant applications up to a maximum of £2,500 per visit.
- Funding is available to all disciplines and researchers of all levels, with applications from early career researchers particularly welcome.
- There are two calls, in May 2020 and September 2020.
- The Welsh Government’s EU Transition Fund was established to help business, public services and other partner organisations in Wales plan for and prepare for the impacts of Brexit.
- The fund will be managed by Global Wales; a partnership between Universities Wales, Welsh Government, British Council and the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales.